Saturday, June 6, 2009

That's the Size?

Ron, Thom and I took a drive out to Wagner Vineyards, the winery i've been paired with, to pick up my barrel. It was a gorgeous day which made for an awesome drive up the east side of Seneca Lake. Wagner is only 36 miles from home, i was interested to learn.

I got to pick from about 6 barrels. Turns out the one in front was perfect (they were all nice, really). I'm glad we took Sam's carseat out before we went up, because the barrel fit perfectly in the car with the seat folded down. The gentleman that helped us was surprised to learn, i think, that there was a quiet baby in the car, as he hadn't noticed Thom initially when he hunkered in to help pull the barrel in. Thom just smiled, snug as a bug.

For some reason, i had it in my head that a wine barrel was much bigger than it turns out to be. Sure, there are different sizes, but your "standard" wine barrel isn't much higher than 3 feet or so and 2 feet wide, if that (haven't taken the measurements yet). So i'm PLEASED to find that I'm comfortable with the 'canvas' i've been presented with. I don't usually work 'large scale' but this is very doable and i'm excited to dive in.

Sam's toys quickly found their way to hanging out on top of the new addition to our porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment