Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The First of Many?

The gals and I are having a “Craft Night” tonight, suggested by me.

Needless to say, there are many nights (and days) where I’d like to just hunker down with all my supplies of Given Interested Craft At The Time and just go to town. When one is a mom of a curious (but VERY good) 3 year old toddler and a baby who can’t just bounce happily in his Johnny Jumper for a couple hours, between feedings/naps (ha!), then spreadin’ out is rather difficult, not to mention time-consuming. I don’t mind the time-consuming part; quite frankly, I love getting so deeply involved in my work that I look up and 3+ hours have gone by. But I just can’t do that these days.

So I suggested to the girls that we pick someone’s kidless house at which to meet. Spread our respective crafting interests out, share supplies if we’re working on the same kind of project, and each of us bring a munchie. The girls seem into it! I’ve also made it quite clear that if you don’t have a craft, then just come to watch and chat and hang out. I wanna take pics of what everyone’s working on, so I’ll post them here next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment