Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Still Purse/Zipper Obsessed

I'm still trying to perfect the whole coin purse - purse - zipper thing. I know this is boring for most of you, especially poor Ron. But while i'm learning this whole technique, i'm also working on mastering it. I'm not 100% comfortable with the outcomes of these little purses/pouches. I want to get it to where the inside looks as good as the outside and i want the zipper to lay in a manner that feels right. Sometimes the zipper is getting "crinked" in the seams, and that's bugging me. I've been looking at other coin purses on etsy and particularly their photographs to see if i can see how they do their zippers. Oddly, a lot of the coin purses for sale out there are using the style that is bugging me! The corners are 'tucked' and i don't like that. You can see this in the purse with the pink zipper and ribbon cross on the front. I'm working on it.

The TINY zipper pouch that came out square with the zipper laying flat near the top is my favorite pattern so far, but i want to perfect the INSIDE. I'm pleased with this little cutey, but its decently useless, in a cute way. Maybe if i attach a cute beaded zipper pull, it will grow on me.




I'm close. I'm close to getting this right and whipping out a bunch that i really love, and then i WILL post those on etsy to sell.

A note on etsy at this time: i've picked (not intentionally) very competitive THINGS to make and try to sell on there. Jewelry is about the WORST thing i could pick. My things are not that unique. I think they are cute, and i've got a mini-something going with the sculpey beads. But there's SO MUCH jewelry on there. And there are a TON of coin purses, though not TOO MANY patchwork ones, so i might have something going for me THERE.

1 comment:

  1. Well I enjoy the patchwork coin purse blogs! :) But you already knew that. Can't wait for some of 'em to pop up on Etsy!

    -KC

    ReplyDelete