Monday, January 5, 2009

etsy

I learned about the website "etsy" while reading a high school friend of mine's blog. He mentioned sites that are a little 'closer to home' than the mainstream ones, the ones EVERYONE'S heard of. Etsy tagline is "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade." When i first perused it, i fell in love. The photography, first of all, is awesome. Then i fell in love with what people are making out there! All those pulsing right-brains in action! I'm a little torn to surf too much, for fear of stumbling across a craft that i had originally thought was Exclusively Chrissy and getting deflated! Or for fear of 'stealing' an idea to make it my own. But they say that imitation is the best form of flattery. Ever since quickly browsing the site a few months ago, i've been wanting to Get Creatin', and better yet, put my own stuff up on the site.

So i did just that today. My inventory is small, but it's sure to get bigger. I'm also not too bothered by the fact that i may not sell anything. Just the idea of it being "out there" is fun for me. You never know who else in the world might go on there to specifically look up art coming outta Corning, NY!

Feel free to click on the screenshot for a direct zoom to my page on etsy. This'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment