Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chug Chug Chugging Along

Over the past few days, i've been creating some necklaces as time permits and posting them for sale on etsy. I find that i look forward to hunkering down in the recliner surrounded on both sides and my lap by all my supplies. I am unable, however, to BOTH create necklaces AND catch up on Nip/Tuck on Netflix, so i have to pick one or the other, and lately, Nip/Tuck is winning (oof!). Such a good show.

Anyhoo, today, while at work, I decided i want to go down another creative avenue. I want to create things (probably SMALL things, since i have a penchant for them) out of the tons of scrap material i have around the house. Not only scraps from projects i've made (and POSSIBLY finished, if i'm doing good), but also from scraps i purposely buy. I think they are called "fat quarters" in the quilting world. In MY world, they are just fun scraps of fabric that in my mind's eye i can see being made into different things.

So tune in (or check etsy) for what i come up with. I do have a couple ideas in mind. Little change purses that i embellish with hand embroidery (time consuming, but fun/rewarding) as well as these little mice i made when i was in h.s. They're goofy and meaningless, really, but OH SO CUTE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've got some fun 'Space' fabric that Beau left behind... kind of like bedsheet material. It's mostly blue & would be a great background for a big yellow Furby, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you made a small patchwork something-or-other (change purse?) out of that spare fabric **cough** someone **cough** would buy it from your Etsy site!

    (hint hint!)

    -KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scraps! How fun! I have to get my sewing machine back out!!

    ReplyDelete