Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shrinky Dinks!

Well, these are called "Shrinkers" and i must have bought them close to 8 years ago and of course, in true Chris fashion, never did 'em. Well today i did 'em!


Here are the before and after pics. I think its so cool that something can shrink down to 1/3 its size and retain all the detailed line work.

I have two beefs with this product however. 1 - the backside is opaque. I was kind of hoping it would be see-through. 2 - They aren't laying COMPLETELY flat. Especially the pointed one, as highlighted in my photograph below (please excuse the condition of my fingers/nails. It's winter. Ugh).


I read a homemade recipe for Shrinky Dinks on the internet that I'll be trying next. Plus, i'm sure its much cheaper in the long run.

Happy Miniaturizing!

1 comment:

  1. You've taken shrinky dinks to a whole new art chris! I love yours! My kids have been playing with them for over a year, and I remember how much fun they were when I was a kid. Some things never get old. I'm surious about the homemade recipe, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the artful inspiration! Chris H. (sorry I keep posting as anonymous, but I don't have a name anywhere else!)

    ReplyDelete